Get UN-Plugged! At least for a little bit each day…
I bet it will help you stress less and find time for other hobbies!
Here’s a fun article that was in a magazine I read…
What do you think of this article?
As a ‘hopefully-future-holistic-nutritionist’ – something I would suggest to almost everyone would be to become a little less plugged-in.
Cell phones, laptops, TV’s, games, and everything else that I don’t know about… They kind of take over our lives!
Not that it’s a bad thing – I myself am a pretty plugged-in person between my Blackberry and my Laptop (Facebook/Blog/Twitter/Pinterest), but I know there is a fine line between having a healthy hobby with these items – and being completely obsessed/consumed/taken-over-by them!
This article is cute; though it may not be necessary to go to these extremes every time you have friends over. It certainly is a great idea though.
It’s all about baby steps with this, and whether you think it will make you a better person or not… it doesn’t hurt to try it!
Ways I try to be less “plugged-in”… (thereby reducing the stress that comes along with always having to attend to your non-immediate surroundings)
- I try to turn my phone to airplane mode by the time I’m in bed. No more beeping, buzzing, blinking lights – and nothing more that can get at my besides the people in the same house as me.
- Log out of Facebook and other sites when you’re finished. Then, if you impulsively go to these sites upon opening your laptop, you have time to re-direct before
getting sucked into an hour creeping-sessionkilling your day.
- Keep your phone ringer on “Phone Calls Only” or “Silent” when possible!
- Close/Turn-Off your laptop when you’re not using it
- Get rid of Facebook and Twitter on your phone, maybe you’ll use it less often!
- What other ways can you help with a plugged-in life?