Just a few short updates…
- My roomies Greg and Alyssa posted my blog to their facebook and twitter accounts, which has helped me get so many more page visits which is unreal! It’s amazing what the power of social media can do…
- I’m finally done Anatomy and Physiology at CSNN! – Now I’m onto Symptomatology and starting case studies (who wants to volunteer as my first test subject/’client’!)
Rain , rain, GO AWAY
Just like everyone else in Ontario, I’M SO SICK OF THE RAIN!
It especially sucks biking to and from work in the rain. What makes it even worse is when cars fly through a puddle beside you and get you soaked… so sad !
Tasty Rainy Comfort Food…
In addition to my lunch today, I decided to make some sweet potato fries as a side dish. They are so good that I’ll share the recipe (I’m eating them as I type this blog… brain food!?)
Here’s my simple version of the recipe (even though most of you already know how to make them)…
- Sweet Potato
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F
- Wash and thoroughly dry the sweet potato
- Leave the skin on (unless you really hate it and like it peeled, but the skin hold so many nutrients and adds a little something extra!)
- Chop off both ends of the sweet potato to avoid having really thin ends that will burn
- Slice it in half, and chop fry-shaped pieces of medium thickness
- Cover with 1/4 cup of olive oil and mix around
- Add desired amounts of salt and pepper
- Lightly dust with cinnamon
- Lay flat on a baking sheet, spreading them apart
- Bake for 15 minutes, take out and flip them around
- Put them back in for 10-15 minutes until desired crispness is achieved!
- *Let them cool off for 5 minutes and enjoy !
*Turn on oven fan when they are finished, so that you don’t set off the smoke alarm like I did!
A Song to Leave you with…
I don’t know why, but I LOVE this song right now – it’s going on my spin playlist
Motivation to not use drive-thru’s…